5. yaksha swarupAya jaTAdharAya pinAka hastAya sanAtanAya
panchAksharamidam puNyam yah paThEt Siva sannidhou
SIVANANDA LAHARI SLOKAM :
1. I bow to Maheshwara who adorns Nagendra the king of serpents as garland, who has three eyes, and who smears ash on his body. I bow to Siva the eternal, who is pure , who has sky as his apparel, and who is in the form of letter "na"
2. I bow to Maheshwara who is smeared with sandalwood paste mixed with water of holy Mandakini, who is the lord of sacred bull Nandi and pramadhaganas. I salute to Siva who is worshipped well with many chosen flowers like Mandara and who is in the form of letter "ma"
3. I worship Siva who is like the Sun to lotus like face of Gowri and who destroyed Dakshas "Yajna". I bow to Neelakanta whose neck is blue, who has sacred bull on his flag, and who is in the form of letter "si"
4. I bow to Chandrasekara who is worshiped by Vasishta, Agastya, Gowtama, other sages and Devatas. I salute to Siva who has the Sun, Moon , Fire as his three eyes and who is in the form of letter "va"
5. I bow to Siva who appeared as yaksha who has long matted locks, who holds trident and who is eternal. I bow to Siva who is divine lord, whose apparel is sky and who is in the form of letter "ya"
These five sacred letters " na ma si va ya" bestow punyam to those who recite them in front of Siva Linga. They will be blessed with stay in "Sivaloka" enjoying eternal bliss.
SIVANANDA LAHARI SLOKAM:
Blissful experience of having Siva's 'FORM' in mind is by singing praise of Mahadeva.